Saturday, May 16, 2009

Chicken Soup - Various Buddies

Chicken and Corn Soup - Jeany

1 1/2 litres Chicken stock
Meat from one whole cooked chook
3 tins Creamed Corn
1 tin Kernel Corn

Combine all ingredients and heat through.
For a thicker soup, add a handful of small pasta, and simmer until the pasta is cooked.

Chicken and Corn Soup - Maxine


Soften a chopped onion in a pan with a bit of oil, then add however much garlic you want, add a litre of bought chicken stock, plus some more water, meat from a bbq chook, chopped carrot and some pasta (the tiny soup ones are yummy) or noodles or rice or barley. If you have celery chuck some in too (actually you could soften any vegies with the onion) but if you want quick and simple then just do the chicken stock and some meat and whatever you can throw in. If you have some parsley in the garden chop and chuck in when serving


Chicken and Corn Soup - Dot

I make that basic chicken & corn soup too... served with cheese puffs.

If I'm planning ahead, I use chicken carcasses to make the stock. I also use creamed rather than kernel corn & add chopped carrots and celery and thin egg noodles. It's also nice with rice instead of noodles (especially if you're feeling a it poorly). If I want to make a meal of it I stir a couple of beaten eggs into the hot soup

Chicken Soup - Kerrilee


I use the frame and leftovers from a roast, add carrot and onion and if I have it celery and parsley and boil it up while we eat, I then strain it and once cool put it in the freezer for when it’s needed.

Chicken Soup -Debbie K

I use chicken frames for the stock of my soup.
I
boil the shit out of it for a few hours, then add onion, parsley, turnip, carrot, celery, parsnip and boil for another couple of hours.
I boil up about 10 chicken frames for 4 hours.Then add a small turnip, a parsnip, 2 sticks of celery, 2 onions, about 1/3 bunch parsley and 2 carrots.

Then boil another couple of hours.

I serve it with some sort of noodle.

The key is not to add too much water. If it's too strong, you can always add more.

If I have left over soup, I make chicken and corn by adding a splash of sesame oil, soy sauce, a tin of creamed corn, some spring onion and a scrambled egg. I often add left over roast chicken too if I have any.


Chicken Soup - Louisa

Throw in chicken in a big pot of water (I throw it in our stock pot, & then joint the darn thing after it's cooked). Add whatever vegies & spices you like. You could also add chicken stock cube or instant soups too, if you like. Cook, simmer, strip chicken, serve...

From Merrin....
I use a good amount of celery, a leek (and/or onions), herbs, miso, chicken stock and I can't be bothered with bones and stuff so usually just pop a few whole chicken breasts in. Later on I add diced carrots, corn kernels and then break up all the chicken. I find it I cube it first it dries out a lot, I prefer it shredded. I usually have it in the slow cooker for 8 hours or so, but obviously can be cooked quicker. Yum yum :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment