Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Chicken curry from Maxine

Merrin - I usually do this on the stove top but I have done it in my slow
cooker as well. Its just a recipe that I has grown so none of the
measurements are exact - neither do they have to be. Everyone loves this
curry - the almonds give it a delicious rich sauce.

A really delicious curry using a paste as a starter which is very kid
friendly too as it's not hot.
1/2 jar Pataks Korma curry paste
1kg chicken thighs cut into smaller pieces (not too small)
One or two diced onions
Oil
Sweet potato cut into cubes
Can of chickpeas, drained and rinsed - you can use as much or little vegies
and chickpeas depending on how far you want the curry to go and how meaty
you want it. I often use 2 cans cos the kids love them.
3 or so heaped tablespoons of ground almonds
Couple of big glugs of cream

Gently fry the onions in the oil until translucent, add the curry paste,
cook for a minute or so. Add the chicken pieces and seal. Add enough water
(if in the slow cooker I would barely cover it - on the stove I just keep an
eye and top it up to be nice and saucy). Add the chickpeas and sweet potato
and cook until everything is cooked!! Just before serving stir in the
ground almonds and cream and warm through. You can sprinkle some coriander
on top if you are feeling really artistic. Serve with rice and yummy with
green beans too.

1 comment: