Friday, January 30, 2009

Beck's Wheat free date scones

Okay, I just used the Scone recipe from the NM red cookbook recipe 1439I used Ogran brand self raising flour (250g) (I added about 1/2 cup of plain (ogran) flour (They sell the flour at woolies in the natural foods section) because when I put the milk in, it was too wet and gluggy)1/2 teaspoon salt1 tablespoon butter1 cup soy milk (or dairy if you want - you may have to add extra flour because it doesn't mix with the milk in the same way)I added about 1/2 a cup of roughly chopped datesThis time I put in the sugar, it says a tablespoon but it was very sweet and I think the dates are sweet enough, I won't add sugar next time. will brush with egg yolk next time to make them a bit browner on top Then I just did the rest like normal sconesbaked in 220 deg. oven for about 10-15 mins They tasted delicious which is the most important thing

No comments:

Post a Comment